The Cause In A Few Words
The Grand Défi Pierre Lavoie is an event that brings people together with the aim of promoting the adoption of healthy life habits among children aged 6 to 12 years old.
The 1,000 km Event
This cycling marathon brings together more than 900 people who have to pedal to cover the distance between Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean and Montreal.
The Fondation GO
All proceeds are donated to support medical research into hereditary orphan diseases and to fund projects to adopt healthy lifestyles.
Thanks to our sponsors
Richelieu Hardware www.richelieu.com
Swiss International Air Lines www.swiss.com
Place Ste-Foy www.placestefoy.com
An All-Women Team
Since the event began in 2009 there have been very few female teams to take up the challenge. This is why we're very proud to introduce our team:
- Isabelle Charest, our captain, won 3 Olympic medals as a short track speed skater (in the 1994, 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics)
- Christiane Germain, Co-President and Co-Founder of Groupe Germain Hospitalité
- Marie Pier Germain, Director of Professional Construction Services at Groupe Germain Hospitalité
- Josée Arsenault, Advertising and Sales CHIC par Germain
- Sylvie Aubin, Doctor
- Béatrice Couture, Legal Advisor